Autonomous technology will bring a new level of freedom and safety to the world of motorcycles. By 2040 95% of miles driven in the US will be autonomous. This paradigm shift will render roads safer than ever before by removing human error.
Safety has long been the largest barrier to entry for motorcycles followed by the technicality of their use and licensing requirements. The autonomous technology present in the Novo will negate these barriers while offering a single occupancy transportation option with three different modes. This low barrier to entry makes the Novo ideal for beginners especially due to the varying levels of manual control that will keep enthusiasts entertained and they become more proficient in riding.The Novo is efficient, cost effective, versatile, and most importantly, fun.
The Novo is a unique dynamic transport platform that encompasses three very different use cases in one vehicle, allowing easy daily use of a motorcycle for all experience levels. This is achieved through adjustable ergonomics, an adaptable spectrum of autonomous to manual control, and a versatile platform. Over 75% of miles traveled in the US are done solo in a car. The Novo addresses this waste and is optimized for the realistic use cases of urban travel.
The Novo is comprised of an articulating skeleton over which Smart Skin is stretched. The underlying skeleton supports the rider with a combination of hard surfaces and rails which are adjustable. As the cockpit and chassis change the Smart Skin adapts to this underlying structure affording a seamless design that conforms to the rider’s body and needs.
The unique capability of the Novo to achieve three modes in one vehicle is the bi-directional movement afforded by utilizing electric motors. The electric motor removes the need for a traditional transmission that typically limits motorcycles to move in one direction. To change modes, the rider simply dismounts the Novo, turns around and remounts. This allows for very different use cases, distinctly different looks, and extreme efficiency.
The Novo is designed around a dynamic telescoping chassis, providing 12” of wheelbase adjustment. This, combined with adjustable steering and suspension geometry, allows for the most ideal chassis geometry for the use at hand. The riding experience and comfort that come with a rider customization system are based on factors such as rider weight, and terrain.
The low center of gravity combined with a no-compromises-given aggressive seating position make the SPORT perfect for enjoying curvy roads at high speeds.
1. Adjustable seamless seat for perfect ride height
2. Dynamic minimal controls for extreme control - Fly by wire keeps the controls small and compact allowing precise movements, while bracing the body on the forearms
3. Conforming knee grip for perfect body positioning when cornering
4. Movable footrests for comfort and control
A long wheelbase, low profile, and fully encompassing canopy make the LEISURE suited to high speed comfortable travel.
1. The foot-well allows the user to recline in protected comfort
2. The highly adjustable seat can be moved to suit anyone, allowing for a comfortable relaxing ride.
3. The clear canopy allows the rider to stay connected to their environment with a wide view of their surroundings while remaining protected.
The short wheel base and upright seating position make the BUSINESS ideal for inner city travel and errands. This is due to its small size and ease of maneuverability, coupled with ample storage.
The BUSINESS - Features
1. Intuitive controls are enabled for ease of use. Varying levels of Autonomy are present
2. Adjustable seamless seat for perfect ride height allow the rider to remain engaged and focused
3. The front cowl raises up fully to provide adequate cover for the rider from the elements and keep them looking professional upon arriving to the workplace.
A desire to retain agency over personal travel will remain in the human experience. Autonomous technology can allow people with no experience to ride motorcycles. Riders can “earn” their driver's license through a program in the vehicle interface. This presents users with varying degrees of control over the vehicle. Each mode has varying degrees of control and engagement as well. As the rider levels up in experience new modes will be unlocked. Additionally after the license is unlocked additional challenges such as route timing or aggressive cornering tasks will be added for the most advanced and skilled riders to continue to improve their skills.
Augmented reality will play a fundamental role in the Novo’s use and function, serving as the hailing service and device interface. Making travel easier and more efficient while giving the rider a personalized experience based on their specific needs.